As usual this morning I had my breakfast at Seah Im Hawker Centre at Harbour Front. I was buying my Wanton Noodles when a China man came behind me and ordered dark carrot cake with his China accent. When my noodles were ready and I started to eat at the table, I saw this same China man clearing his nose's mucus into the basin (shooting from his nose!) and washing his mouth (rinsing and spitting loudly!) at the hand wash area right next to where I was seated!! Eeeee ~! Spoilt my appetite~! It was really 大煞风景!I tried my best to forget what I saw and continue eating, which I managed to finish doing so ultimately. However, that was not the last that I saw. Just when I was beginning to enjoy my tea with milk (Teh), this fellow came back again and repeated what he did before his meal~! Double disgusted by this, I hurriedly finished my Teh and went to the bus berth to wait for the bus to work. What a start of the day and week!
Even tough my parents do not teach me what not to do in the public, I know how shameful it is to perform personal cleaning and appearance adjustments in the public. For a middle age man like him, he could not even have the common sense not to do what is not observed in the public. Even though the place is at a hawker centre, it does not mean that we have to be lowly mannered. I have to admit that I would dispise such people and I would never do similar acts in public. Athough I am not those high class people but I definitely would not encourage people to bring down their class with such acts. It is like moving backwards to the older civilisation ways and not moving forward to a more gracious society. Some of you may think that I should correct the person right away, which I could but chose not to, reason being that it would also hurt my pride to just even talk to this kind of people.
To adjust my mood to normal again, I went to the Cheers mart for an orange juice drink. Yummy nothing beats a refreshing sweet and sour taste in the morning~!
No comments:
Post a Comment